Click here for: Teacher Office Hours
WIS Student eLearning Day Information
- All assignments for your classes will be listed on your Canvas module by 10:00 a.m. Your calendar will look the same as it does for a normal day of school. Simply click on eLearning for each class to see the work you need to complete.
- Your teachers have set Office Hours (3 hours) where they are available to message through Canvas or email if you have any questions. Office hours are listed here, on your teacher’s Canvas page and also under eLearning on the WIS Website under Students and Parents tab.
- If you experience any issues with your device, password, or Canvas we have a technology hotline set up for you to call at 317-867-8087. The tech hotline will be available from 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. on the day of the school cancellation as well as from 3:00 - 8:00 pm throughout the eLearning window, Monday through Friday. Messages can be left and phone calls will be returned.
- You have two (2) school days after an eLearning day to complete and submit your work.
- For example, if Wednesday is an eLearning day you must complete and submit all assignments by the start of school Monday morning.
- If you run into Internet issues at home, the Innovation Center will have open hours before/after school two days following an eLearning day from 8:00 a.m.-8:45 a.m. and from 3:35 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. and will be supervised by staff members. Parents/guardians will need to provide transportation.
- Your attendance for the eLearning day is determined by completing and submitting assignments for each class. If you do not turn in an assignment for a class on time you WILL be counted ABSENT.
Below is an example of how teachers will take attendance:
- If you submit all your work in your classes, your teachers will enter your attendance in PowerSchool as “Present” for that day of eLearning.
- If you DO NOT submit all your assignments, your teachers will enter your attendance in PowerSchool as “Absent” on the day of eLearning.
- Taking attendance on an eLearning day is required like a regular school day by the Indiana Department of Education. Absences on eLearning days are included in a student’s total absences.