School Required Immunizations
- Indiana School Required and Recommended Immunizations
- Indiana School Required and Recommended Immunizations (Spanish)
- Religious Objection Form.
- Medical Exception Form.
THE CHILDREN AND HOOSIERS IMMUNIZATION REGISTRY PROGRAM (CHIRP)
The Children and Hoosiers Immunization Registry Program is an online system maintained by the Indiana Department of Health that stores and updates immunization records of both children and adults in Indiana. This registry provides an excellent method of tracking student immunization history, and enables school nurses and others to easily check on the immunization status of students. The registry is currently available to the Indiana Department of Health, the immunization data registry of another state, a healthcare provider, a local health department, an elementary or secondary school that is attended by the individual, a child care center, and the office of Medicaid policy and planning or a contractor of the office of Medicaid policy and planning. I.C. 16-38-5-3. Engrossed Senate Bill 219 would add a provider’s designee, a child placing agency, and a college or university that is attended by the individual to the list of persons to whom the immunization information may be released.
Westfield Washington Schools encourages parents to give each school nurse permission to release information about your child's immunizations.
If you have questions, please contact your school nurse.
CHIRP IS AN INNOVATIVE ONLINE SYSTEM THAT STORES AND UPDATES IMMUNIZATION RECORDS OF BOTH CHILDREN AND ADULTS IN INDIANA.
- It is confidential and secure
- It helps determine when patients are due or overdue for vaccinations based on up-to-date guidelines with immunization forecasting
- It reduces under and over immunization of patients by viewing consolidated immunization records from multiple providers
- It helps notify patients of recommended vaccinations using a Reminder/Recall feature
- Doctor’s offices can print Official Immunization Cards for school, day care, or camp registration