2019-20 Testing Center Information
Where is the Testing Center and when is it open?
Location: Room 2306
Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays during CORE Advisory AND after school from 3:45 pm until 5:15 pm (Students do have to provide their own transportation after school). We are also open during 1st period & 5th period for release students.
Sign-Up: STUDENTS MUST BE SIGNED UP IN ENRICHING STUDENTS to attend. While Enriching Students does not "close" as PlusTime did, students coming to the Testing Center must be signed up by 1 pm to come during CORE time and 2:45 pm to come after school on any particular day in order for the Testing Center staff to pull the roster and assessments so they are ready to go. If students are not on the roster when it is pulled at 1 pm and 2:45 pm, they will be asked to go to the back of the line.
- Students must sign up in Enriching Students if they are coming to make up an assessment. Please list the assessment(s) you are planning to complete on the notes section of Enriching Students.
- Photo ID required (or picture of your ID, or PowerSchool account with picture showing)
- Backpacks are not allowed. Small bags and purses may be placed underneath desks.
- All electronic devices must be turned off (no alarms, no vibrate) and be placed in a sleeve, small bag, or face down under your seat - this includes laptops, cell phones, Apple watches, etc. (automatic 0 on the assessment and a Thursday school if proctor sees these items out)
- No food, no drink
- Students will only be allowed to complete short assessments or split assessments during CORE Advisory time. Longer assessments must be completed after school.
Assessments are kept in the Testing Center for two weeks and then returned to your teacher. After that point, it will be returned to your teacher for no credit.
What do I do when I get to the Testing Center?
- Be sure you meet all Student Guidelines listed above.
- Give your picture ID to the proctor.
- Take your assessment to your seat and begin working.
- ROCK that assessment with your best effort.
- Return completed assessment to the proctor.
This year we open two Testing Center rooms (2306 -Ellis and 2408--Bever) after school. ONLY ONE ROOM WILL BE OPEN DURING CORE Advisory. Students must be sure to sign up to guarantee a seat, Students should report to room 2306 to check-in. Once students check-in they will be directed the testing center room they are assigned to.
Questions? Ask Mrs. Ellis, Mrs. Bever, Mr. Russell or Mr. England