Future Kindergarten Information
Steps to register your Kindergartener (links to each will be in each section)
Register your child online (Only if they will be 5 by August 1)
Provide all documents needed when registering your child
- Sign up for Little Leaves Night (see video below)
Sign up for a Kindergarten Screening time (you must have your child registered first) - see infomation below
Online Kindergarten Registration - opens on February 3, 2020
Any child who resides in the Westfield Washington School "WWS" district and is five years of age on or before August 1st of may enroll in our kindergarten program. To do that please complete the following steps:
2. Using the map/address tool on the registration page please verify which school your child should attend. During the online registration please select the correct school. It WILL NOT do that for you.
3. Click on English or Spanish
4. Create your account (must have an email address to register)* Documents needed to register - Birth Certificate, Proof of Residency, Driver's License and current/updated Immunizations. These items will need to be scanned DURING the registration process.
WWES Little Leaves NightLittle Leaves Kindergarten Orientation:We have updated a few pieces of information in our Little Leaves Kindergarten Orientation presentation. You can check out the presentation slides below, as well as a presentation on Leader in Me and Social and Emotional Learning from our School Counselor, Mr. Sawa.If you have questions specific to registration, please reach out to our Secretary, Mrs. Reynolds, at [email protected].Here are the links to the videos:Washington Woods Little Leaves Kindergarten Orientation Presentation - 2020 - 2021
Kindergarten Screening Time
Kindergarten screeners is now closed. If you have concerns about your child please reach out to Mrs. Parisi at [email protected]
Building Tours:You are welcome to watch this video before your screener or watch it as you do a self-guided tour through the building. Please be kind with your reviews related to the quality of the video...it was filmed and produced by my eight-year-old, whose only compensation was an ice cream cone afterwards. :)
If you have further questions or wish to discuss concerns about your student, please reach out to our Asstiant Principal Mrs. Parisi [email protected]
Kindergarten School SuppliesPlease click on the following link for a list of what your child will need for supplies in Kindergarten. Kindergarten Supply List
Safe Visitor/Background Checks
In an effort to constantly improve and enhance school safety, we have implemented a visitor management system. This comprehensive system will enhance our school entrance security and better ensure that every visitor to our school is permitted and authorized to be in our school buildings. Examples of activities in the schools where visitors will need a completed SafeVisitor background check are listed below:
- Lunch Guests
- Classroom Parties
- Classroom Volunteers/Helpers/Room Parents
- Field Trip Chaperones
Examples of activities that will not require a formal background check are listed below (these visitors will still follow normal school check-in procedures):
- Classroom Guest Speakers
- Parent/Teacher Conferences/Case Conferences
- Special Events (Grandparent's Day/Famous Hoosiers, etc.)
- School Programs
- Visiting school office area or dropping off items at schoolBackground checks are good for three years at any school in the district.
These background checks will cost $12.95 and can be acquired via the link below. Please note that this process could take 3 to 6 business days. Once approved, please be on the lookout for a badge notification email from "[email protected]" Your badge will be attached as a PDF. You can either print it, save it on your phone, or download the SafeVisitor app. A photo will be required and added upon your first visit to the school.
District School Calendar
Click here for 2020 - 2021 School Calendar