Future Kindergarten Information
Online Kindergarten Registration for the 2019-2020 school year will open up on February 1, 2019.
1. Register at www.wws.k12.in.us
2. Click on Registration
3. Click on English or Spanish
4. Create your account (must have an email address to register)
* Documents needed - Birth Certificate, Proof of Residency, Driver's License and current/updated Immunizations. These items should be scanned DURING the registration process.
Any child who has legal settlement in Westfield Washington Schools ("WWS") and is five years of age on or before August 1 of that year may enroll in the kindergarten program.
Little Leaves Night
March 14, 2019
6:30 - 7:30pm
Washington Woods Elementary School - Community Room
Click here for our Kindergarten Information Night flyerLittle Leaves Flyer
Kindergarten Registration Information
We offer 2 opportunities for you to sign your child up for Kindergarten. The first way is to sign up online at our school website or our district website. Click here for that link www.wws.k12.in.us
If you don't have access to a computer you have another opportunity to come into the school and complete the registration process on the follow dates:
March 18-22, 2019
9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Washington Woods Elementary School
17950 Grassy Branch Rd, Westfield, IN 46074
After that date you will only be able to complete registration online.
Kindergarten Screening Time
Please sign up for a time for one of our Kindergarten teachers to do a basic screening with your child. This will take approximately 30 minutes and the purpose is to get a sense of your child's readiness for Kindergarten. There will also be some basic background/developmental information for parents to complete while your child is in the screening. Thank you.
Click here for to sign up for your screening time https://goo.gl/forms/
*Supply Kit Order Form will be coming soon! As an Washington Woods family, you have two options each year to obtain school supplies... you may purchase the supplies on your own from the given school supply list (grade specific) or you may order from the SUPER EASY, AND AFFORDABLE prepackage supply kits through Washington Woods. The link to the order kit will be found on this page soon. If you order a kit, your child's supplies will be delivered straight to his/her teacher's classroom door before school starts.
In an effort to constantly improve and enhance school safety, we have implemented a visitor management system. This comprehensive system will enhance our school entrance security and better ensure that every visitor to our school is permitted and authorized to be in our school buildings. Examples of activities in the schools where visitors will need a completed SafeVisitor background check are listed below:
- Lunch Guests
- Classroom Parties
- Classroom Volunteers/Helpers/Room Parents
- Field Trip Chaperones
Examples of activities that will not require a formal background check are listed below (these visitors will still follow normal school check-in procedures):
- Classroom Guest Speakers
- Parent/Teacher Conferences/Case Conferences
- Special Events (Grandparent's Day/Famous Hoosiers, etc.)
- School Programs
- Visiting school office area or dropping off items at schoolBackground checks are good for three years at any school in the district. These background checks will cost $12.95 and can be acquired via the link below. Plesae note that this process could take 3 to 6 business days. Once approved, please be on the lookout for a badge notification email from "firstname.lastname@example.org." Your badge will be attached as a PDF. You can either print it, save it on your phone, or download the SafeVisitor app. A photo will be required and added upon your first visit to the school.
District School Calendar
Click here for 2019-2020 School Calendar