Future Kindergarten Information
Future Kindergarten Information
Online Kindergarten Registration for the 2020-2021 school year is now open!
- To enroll your child/children for the 2020-2021 school year, he/she must by 5 years of age before August 1. Parents can apply for early admittance if their child is 5 years of age by September 1. Early admittance candidates will be screened and we will look at their scores to determine if they are a good candidate for kindergarten.
- You may register online at any time or, if you prefer, in person at each of our elementary school during the week of March 16-20. The hours are 9 AM - 2 PM.
- We are also offering translating services for our Spanish-speaking families on Tuesday, March 17, from 4 PM - 6 PM at our Central Office (1143 E. 181st Street, Westfield, IN 46074). Translaters will be on-hand to assist you!
1. Register at www.wws.k12.in.us
2. Click on Registration
3. Click on English or Spanish
4. Create your account (must have an email address to register)
* Documents needed - Birth Certificate, proof of residency and current/updated immunizations. These items can be scanned during the registration process or you may bring the documents to school and we can make a copy.
Kindergarten Screening Assesments will take place on July 16 and July 17.
We are so excited to meet your future kindergartner! Thank you so much for your patience as we have waited to reschedule our kindergarten assessments. They will take place on Thursday, July 16 and Friday, July 17, in 20 minute time slots. In order to comply with CDC guidelines and respect social distancing, we ask that a parent/guardian bring your child to the door at the main entrance to Maple Glen to meet one of our kindergarten teachers. Teachers will be wearing a mask but the children are not required to do so. Please do what makes you and your child feel more comfortable. The children will be brought into the building and parents/guardians will be asked to wait on the benches outside of the front entrance or in your car. During these assessments, a kindergarten teacher will work with your child while you fill out an informational Google sheet to help us get to know your child a little better. Click here to access the form. You may fill this form out before you arrive at Maple Glen, or you may bring a lap top or tablet to do while you're waiting. You will be able to log onto the Maple Glen wifi. This assessment cannot be filled out on your phone. We ask that this form is completed before your child is finished with their evaluation. This evaluation will give us a better understanding of your child's academic and social abilities in order to help us create diverse and balanced classrooms for the upcoming school year. You do not need to bring anything, just your future kindergartener! To schedule your child's assessment, just click here! Be sure to fill in all requested information so that you can be contacted about any pertinent kindergarten information and sent a reminder of your time as the date gets closer. In the comments section, please fill out your child's name and the name of the preschool they attended (if applicable).
Safe Visitor Information
In an effort to constantly improve and enhance school safety, we have implemented a visitor management system called SafeVisitor. This comprehensive system will enhance our school entrance security and better ensure that every visitor to our schools is permitted and authorized to be in our school buildings.
A SafeVisitor background check is required for anyone who visits our schools, including family members of our students.
Examples of activities in the schools where visitors will need a completed SafeVisitor back ground check are:
Classroom Volunteers/Helpers/Room Parents
Field Trip Chaperones
Examples of activities that will not require a formal background check are (these visitors will follow normal school check-in procedures):
School Special Events (Grandparent's Day, Famous Hoosiers, etc.)
Visiting the school office or dropping off items at school.
To start the SafeVisitor process, click here. Background checks cost $12.95 and are good for three years in any school in the Westfield District. Please note - this process could take 3-6 business days. You will be notified via email from "infosafevisitorsolutions.com." This will be your badge notification and your badge/bar code will be attached as a PDF. You may print this out, save it to your phone, or download the SafeVisitor app. Your photo will be taken on your first visit to the school office. Please contact Debbie Krieg, Human Resources Secretary at email@example.com or 867-8039 with any questions.