WMS Families, Students, and Friends,
Welcome to Westfield Middle School! My name is Mike Hall and I just began my first year as Principal at WMS. Most recently, I was the principal at Monon Trail Elementary School within Westfield Washington Schools.
As Shamrocks, we recognize that all students are unique and that their learning needs and programs will vary accordingly. We strive to be a world-class learning organization focused on high academic achievement for ALL. We monitor individual student performance and provide programming to meet the individual social, emotional and academic needs of every student.
As Prinicipal, I proudly boast that we have highly effective teachers. They work diligently to build positive relationships with students and design meaningful and engaging work in the pursuit of profound learning. While we embrace the various cultures and varied backgrounds of our students and families, our expectations remain high to cultivate college ready global citizens. Please take some time to navigate our website to learn more about our school community. If you are a family new to Westfield Middle School, feel free to call us to schedule a visit or a tour.
Here are a few simple things you can do to help support your child in their academic journey toward independence:
- Review your child’s grades on a regular basis. PowerSchool will give you information regarding your child’s grades and attendance. Your interest and concern in their school progress will help motivate them to do their best.
- Maintain contact with your child’s teachers and academic team to establish a successful home and school collaboration. Our teachers will provide classroom information, announcements, assignments, and test/quiz information, and other needed documents on our Learning Management System called Canvas. A helpful webinar for parents is posted on our website under the Parents tab called “Canvas Parent Registration.”
- Get involved in the WIMS PTO and Westfield Washington Education Foundation. Information about both great groups that support students and their growth can be found on our website.
Students, here are some tips to help you get started on a successful two years at WMS:
- Use your school calendar on Canvas.
- Use your SRT time wisely when given time to work on completing homework or study.
- Check your grades frequently on PowerSchool with your parents.
- Break homework, projects, and studying for tests and quizzes into small chunks. Don’t wait until the last minute!
- Get involved in your school. Join a club, participate in some of our many sports, and attend extracurricular events.
- Know that your parents, teachers, and guidance counselors are here to help and support you no matter what. Don’t be afraid to talk to them if you are struggling or need help.
I look forward to watching a year of social, emotional and academic growth for al of our students. Go ROCKS!!
Mike Hall, Principal