It’s no secret that Westfield is the top destination community in the state of Indiana. We are the fastest growing city in the state, and our school district reflects that. Our enrollment has steadily increased for the past 20 years and shows no signs of slowing down. That is why the leaders of Westfield Washington Schools are focused on maintaining academic excellence and preserving the small-town Westfield experience even as our city continues to grow. We are the top destination city, so our plan for growth and alignment is Destination Westfield.
As we approach capacity in many of our schools, now is the time to set ourselves up for success now and for years to come. With academics and student wellbeing at the forefront, we’ve laid out a plan that will put us in a position to continue to provide academic rigor, increase extracurricular offerings, provide leadership opportunities for young Rocks and much more.
WWS plans to:
- Build a new, seventh elementary school at 171st St. and Towne Rd.
- Build a new, second middle school at SR 32 and Centennial Rd
- Keep fifth grade in elementary schools
- Move sixth grade to middle school
- Turn the Westfield Intermediate School building into the eighth elementary school
- Renovate or rebuild Shamrock Springs Elementary School
Destination Westfield Q&A
Below are timestamped links to specific questions with Dr. Kaiser and Brian Tomamichel.
- What's the status of our school district right now?
- Which schools will be impacted by this plan?
- How will we pay for this? Will there be a referendum? How will it impact taxes?
- What exactly is the plan?
- Can our current elementary schools handle fifth grade?
- When does this start?
- What other buildings are included in this plan?
- How can a community member give feedback?
- What is the ultimate vision for Destination Westfield?
- This spring, we will begin a renovation on Carey Ridge Elementary School to expand its capacity to continue serving the students and families in our cross categorical special education program.
- This fall, we will begin construction on the second middle school with an estimated timeline for completion of 24-36 months.
- This fall, we will begin construction of the seventh elementary school with an estimated timeline for completion of 18-24 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How will we pay for this expansion?
- Does our high school have enough space for our current and future needs?
How will we pay for this expansion?
Does our high school have enough space for our current and future needs?
We are actively seeking community feedback on this plan and look forward to meeting with you in the months to come. We will be holding community meetings at all of our schools, local coffee shops, and if you would like to invite Dr. Kaiser into your home to speak with you and some neighbors, we can schedule that as well.
If you would like to submit a question and have us reach out to you, click here and fill out the form.