WWS Updates - June 26, 2020
WWS Weekly Parent Message Friday, June 26
We are making great strides in our reopening procedures and we will continue to share information as it is decided. Please see the message below with some general reopening procedures for all Hamilton County schools. More specific details will be forthcoming in the weeks ahead. Here are some updates for the week!
Hamilton County Schools Statement on Return to School
Hamilton County schools would like to thank our communities for their support as we continue to work through the challenges of COVID-19. We are pleased to announce we will be welcoming students back for a new school year beginning later this summer, and have come together to share important information regarding this return to school.
The safety of our students, staff and families is our top priority and our return to school decisions are based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH), Indiana Department of Education (IDOE), Fishers Health Department and the Hamilton County Health Department.
All Hamilton County schools are following our previously scheduled calendars and will start on our regularly scheduled start date.
We will also be:
- Providing flexible options to meet individual student needs, including both online and face-to-face learning.
- Implementing daily screening/self-screening procedures for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Asking students and staff to wear masks, at times.
- Maximizing facility space with respect to social distancing, including lunch tables spaced out to the greatest extent possible.
- Closing water fountains and maintaining water bottle fill stations.
- Requiring students and staff to stay home when ill and creating separate spaces in school health clinics to address COVID-19 symptoms.
- Transporting students with precautionary safety measures in place.
- Enhancing student hygiene practices and building cleaning procedures.
- Restricting visitors.
- Training staff and students on COVID-19 safety measures.
Each school district will be sharing additional, specific details with our families in the coming weeks.
As always, thank you for your patience and support as we work together to safely bring students back to school.
Carmel Clay Schools
Hamilton Heights School Corporation
Hamilton Southeastern Schools
Options Charter Schools
Sheridan Community Schools
St. Theodore Guerin High School
Westfield Washington Schools
Important Information - Food Service
Because we are transitioning food service providers, we will not be providing food service on Monday, June 29th. We will return to normal food service distribution on Thursday, July 2nd.
WWS athletics starting again July 6
WHS & WMS are restarting training for student athletes the week of July 6! Many safety precautions are being taken and kudos to the WHS and WMS Athletic Departments for the hard work in putting together a comprehensive plan, including no water fountains, no borrowing of equipment, practicing social distancing and multiple cleaning windows of equipment during the day.
Locker clean out/supplies pick up
You will be contacted by your school about how families can pick up items that remained at school after the COVID closure. Thank you for your patience! Reminder: hold onto chromebooks/school-issued devices until back-to-school.
Have a great weekend! ROCK ON!
Dr. Sherry Grate