UPDATING MEDICAL INFORMATION AND PERMISSION TO GIVE SCHOOL PROVIDED MEDICATIONS AT SCHOOL:
- Log onto your Parent access to Powerschool. You can find this by going to Parents > Powerschool. If you have forgotten your log on information please contact the school directly, the school nurse does not have access to this information.
- Navigate to Demographic Updates
- Go to the Medical Info tab and update all information. Once you have made your changes, go to Confirm and Submit tab and complete the information on this page. Please make sure you include the date of the changes this helps the nurse identify when a change is made.
The Westfield Washington Schools Medication Policy and the Indiana State Code of Mediations administered at schools, requires completion of the medical information in Powerschool prior to administering any medications at school.
DROPPING OFF PARENT PROVIDED MEDICATIONS FOR USE DURING SCHOOL:
- Print out and complete the Permission to Give Meds form Medication Administration Permission Form and drop it off to the nurse with the medication. If this is a prescription medication or an over the counter medication given at a prescriptive dose you must have your physician complete and sign the form as indicated.
- According to the WWS Policy and Indiana State Code, parent/guardian must drop off the medication to the nurse, your child is not allowed to transport medication to the health clinic.
For over the counter medication- provide in the original package. The nurse can only give the dose listed on the package label and must be appropriate for your childs age. If your physician has ordered you to give more then the dose on the package label it would be considered a prescription dose, you will need to have your doctor complete the medication information portion of the Medication Administration Form (see notes for medical order regarding prescriptions below).
For prescription medication- provide in the prescription bottle with the most current medication information and the student's name on the label. For the safety of your child, the precription label must match the medication in the bottle and the medical order by your health care provider. All prescription medications require a medical order from your physician. A space for this order is provided on the medication administration permission form.Dosing spoons/syringes Must be provided for all liquid medications by the parents and must be appropriate for the dose to be given, for the safety of your child.Requests to administer homeopathic medication, over the counter herbs, minerals, essential oils, vitamins and other non-FDA approved medications will not honored, as there is no standardization, FDA approval or guidelines regarding safety of these products, per the WWS medication policy.All medication(s) dropped off at the health clinic must be picked up at the end of the year. Any medication left will be disposed off after the last day of school. No medication will be transferred to the next school building or stored in the health clinic over the summer.