What is Helping Hands?
- As a Helping Hands Volunteer you will be helping an elementary student at one of the following schools: Oak Trace, Monon Trail, or Washington Woods.
- Each WHS senior will be matched with an elementary student and you will meet with that student each week.
- These students were selected to participate in the program because their teacher has identified them as needing either academic or social skills help.
- This is the 8th year of WHS students participating in the program.
- Over the course of 8 years we have had over 350 WHS students help make a difference in the lives of over 350 elementary students.
- The program works with the Westfield Youth Assistance Program to help identify and work with students in need.
- One day a week for 45 minutes you will meet with your assigned student and help them with homework, study skills, or playing a game.
- The times for Helping Hands will be 2:45 - 3:30pm.
- All Helping Hands activities will take place on Wednesdays.
- WHS students are responsible for their own transportation.
- The program will begin in October and end the week before Spring Break.
- If there is no school we do not meet.
- There will be an end of program party at each school and we will have a recognition celebration at WHS before Spring Break.
Questions? Contact club sponsor, Mark Ewing at email@example.com