WHS DANCE TEAM
The Westfield High School Dance Team- “JamROCKS” Squad, is a competitive dance and performance club at Westfield High School. We have traveled, competed, and placed throughout the state for the Indiana High School Dance Team Association competitive circuit for over 15 years. WHS Dance Team also expands to other competitions and states depending on team availability in the season. Proudly serving our city and county with bi-annual community service team outings and events; they promote more than just spirit during performances. The WHS Dance Team performs at assemblies, selected basketball/football games, and school/community events. Our choreography is based in Hip-Hop, Pom, and Jazz techniques. The 2019-2020 Captains include are Gabby Pedigo, Allison Smith, and Gabby Wiernik.
Our purpose is to provide and expose the students of WHS Dance Team to…
- A fun and memorable experience alongside other passionate dancers and kinship.
- Serving our local community with philanthropic and civic engagement team outings.
- Accelerated instruction and development of technique, discipline, strength and performance skills.
- Increased performance opportunities and development of proper placement (if higher education is desired).
- Building strong bonds and communication skills in a physically demanding team environment.
Our Head Coach, Song R. Kang, has been involved with WHS Dance Team for over a decade. She's apprenticed under previous Head Coach, Rossi Mills, and is devoted in maintaining the integrity and tradition of WHS Dance Team principles of keeping it fun, safe and memorable for the students. "prACTice like a CHAMPION"Please contact, Head Coach, Song R. Kang or Booster Club Treasurer, Tina Pedigo for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org