The Westfield Education Foundation is a 501c(3) not for profit entity created in 1986 to serve as a philanthropic resource to provide scholarships to Westfield seniors and to provide grants to Westfield teachers. In 2020, the Foundation awarded $47,250 to seniors at Westfield Washington High School. WEF has now awarded $1,250,000 in college scholarships and classroom teaching grants in Westfield Washington Schools. We are run by a volunteer Board of Directors consisting of community members, business owners, parents and school administrators and we have one paid staff member.
Together, we are the key to our children's education.
Westfield Education Foundation - COVID 19 Update:
As we are literally living history during these unprecedented times due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many of our corporate partners, individuals and families have reached out to inquire how they can help.
As this situation is unfolding day by day, our needs are rapidly changing. Earlier this week, our team met with City officials, School Representatives, and nonprofits across the area to begin assessing the needs of our WWS students and families. We anticipate this list will change over time and we appreciate your understanding of our “current needs” vs. our “future needs” as we respond to our evolving situation.
Listed below are our current needs today to make sure our WWS students are taken care of during the weeks leading up to and including Spring Break (March 16 - April 10). Please circle back to our WEF website and social media frequently for updates, as well as to each of our non-profit partners who need your assistance to meet all our student’s and community’s needs.
- Food Needs - Needs for food are being met for our students through two non-profit organizations in our community. Please check out their websites to see how you can donate, volunteer (adults only please) or share food resources during this critical time of need.
- Purposity = “other” goods and tangible items you need
If you are in need of items or are looking for simple ways to give back and help fill basic needs of others in our community, please consider Purposity = Generosity + Purpose
- WWS’ Purposity at http://parentuniversity.wws.k12.in.us/?p=3172
- Donation of Financial Support - Westfield Education Foundation “WEF” is accepting your donations to help serve our community through your generosity. If you’re interested in making a contribution to help meet the needs of students and their families throughout this crisis, please donate utilizing the link below. (please specify - COVID 19)
- Westfield Education Foundation - https://www.wws.k12.in.us/Domain/460
- Social/Emotional Support - There are many types of needs throughout these difficult and uncertain times. If you or your family need social-emotional support or is in need of childcare support, please reach out for help:
- Wellbeing Coalition at https://www.wellbeingcoalitionwestfield.com/
- Youth Assistance Program at http://youthassistance.org/westfield/
- Senior Assistance - Support and care for older adults in our community. If you are interested in helping and serving in this way, please contact
- Shepherd’s Center of Hamilton County - https://shepherdscenterofhamiltoncounty.org/
- Support of our Westfield Community - Support is always needed for all of our residents through these uncertain times. If you’re interested in paying it forward for fellow citizens contact
- Westfield Washington Township https://www.westfieldwashingtontwp.us/168/Services
Serving through Volunteering- Each of the organizations above needs your help to meet the growing demand of those in need. If you are willing to give of your time, please contact each of these organizations through their websites above or follow them on social media. Needs are changing daily as are the need for volunteers. Thank you for your service to our community!
If you have any needs or questions not addressed here, please contact Jody Dedon, Executive Director of the WEF at [email protected].
Thank you for offering your help and support during this time. Together, we will make our community stronger through being in service to one another.
In gratitude for all you do,
The Staff and Board of The Westfield Education Foundation
COVID-19 Donations: - The Westfield Education Foundation “WEF” is accepting your donations to help serve our community through your generosity. If you’re interested in making a contribution to help meet the needs of students and their families throughout this crisis, please donate via this link. The Westfield Education Foundation is a 501(c)(3) not for profit entity created in 1986 to serve as a philanthropic resource to support Westfield Washington Schools.
The mission of the Westfield Education Foundation (WEF) is to empower and invest in our students, teachers, and staff. Scholarships and Grants provide opportunities through generous community partner resources, which could help drive the future of Westfield.
The Foundation was established in 1986 to assist with funding that would enrich the opportunities for our Westfield community. Donating to the WEF allows for the Foundation to support the needs of our students and staff as curriculum evolves and our community grows.